
Christmas is just around the corner, right? These cookies were made every Christmas. Dad squirted the cookie dough out onto the trays, the kids did the sprinkles and sugars, Mom did the baking. Sometimes we colored the dough, too. These cookies do melt in your mouth! And since it makes a lot, they are good for sharing. I have not had these in a while since I don't own a cookie press. Mom needs to make them this Christmas!
Thoroughly cream 11/2 cups butter and 1 cup sugar. Add 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp almond extract. Beat well.
Sift 4 cups flour with 1 tsp baking powder. Add to creamed mixture; mix until smooth. Do not chill. Force dough through cookie press on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
Makes about 6 dozen.
Did I mention that I don't have a cookie press?
Grandma, when you come up here you should bring your cookie press if you have it... These cookies look good!!!
ReplyDeleteMy cookie press died when i made 2000 cookies for a YW celebrations years ago.... I think i bought a new one, but I haven't used it lately. I'll have to dig it out.
ReplyDelete